Which bank?
I watched today as our staff members received their first bank cards. Most Cambodians don't have bank accounts since the collapse of banks during the Pol Pot era. However, our staff all agreed that it was time to trust again and bank managers were duly invited to come to the office to open each one a savings account. There was a mixture of curiosity, excitement and pride as people signed on the dotted line. Those who couldn't sign came away with several inky fingers.
A while back, I heard a story about how everyone at a particular company was given a $1000 bonus each. 450 people gathered behind locked gates, were given $1000 cash each and then told to rush home. I think if you didn't show up for work that day, you missed out - but I could be making that part up.
A while back, I heard a story about how everyone at a particular company was given a $1000 bonus each. 450 people gathered behind locked gates, were given $1000 cash each and then told to rush home. I think if you didn't show up for work that day, you missed out - but I could be making that part up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home