Brek's blog

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

70 feet and 12 tonnes of steel

It was a mantra oft repeated, as we cruised the canals around Broxboune in our 12 person solid steel boat one weekend in July for Joyce's birthday. Now I could be lazy and just link to Joyce's blog ....

*apologies in advance for the shameless copyright infringement of other people's pics.

It started off a bit rainy and cold.
Captain Brett getting some lock advice from an old hand.
I have never seen so many swans before. Apparently the collective term is boring old "flock", although you can use a "wedge of swans" when they are flying in V formation.
The boys using their muscles to open one of many locks...

...with some help from the locals. The kids, when they saw the boys jump off the boat without any shoes starting yelling "pikies pikies". I've been informed, though I've not looked it up, that it's a derogatory term for gypsies.

Happy birthday Joyce!
The men at mission control.

The best bit - sunning ourselves on the canal.

1 Comments:

  • that looks like heeps of fun; when the sun is out. Mick is cool

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home